The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
susiestepmom...Book question 4 you!
Something from another thread caught my eye and I forgot to ask.....were you the one reading the book that was something like "mary heart in a martha world"?

The title grabbed my attention. Is it good? where did you get it?

Elizabeth
susiestepmom Wrote:Yes, I am reading it- "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". I borrowed it from my mom-she and I switch books back and forth alot- but I know you can get it from Crossings or Cbd.com (which is Christian Book Distributers).

It is about Mary and Martha and when Jesus visits their home and how Mary made the choice to worship and Martha made the choice to work and serve supper. It reflects on us as women today in are we a Mary? Or are we a Martha? Which is God pleasing? I like what I have read so far, which is about 60 pages. I love to read but have been so busy with the kids activities and work and everything that I have been working on personally between my h and I. If you are a Christian, please pray that God gives me the wisdom to work through this area of our marriage.

The book is easy to read and understand. Let me know if you read it-I would love to know your thoughts also.

I absolutely will pray for you and your husband. I will look for that book too. Thanks alot.

E