The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Elephants Fight
I am loving this book, so far.
It is written by a woman who had a hostile BM and hostile Skids and it has lots of areas where you note your current situations and feelings and write out (breif) thoughts and feelings about the good and bad of your own situation so you can help identify what is really going on and then better deal with what your real struggles are.
It is not one of those "everyone hold hands and sing hymns" books, and it gives realistic advice and understanding for those of us in situations that are not as peaceful as we had hoped. Practical advice, understanding, and the author does not downplay or sugarcoat the realities of being stepparent. Her intent is to help you get through it and to do things that work in those less than ideal step parenting situations.
I bought it at Amazon.com
Again, it is called "When Elephants Fight" by Judge Judy A. Hall
I'm going to look at this too Smile

Sounds good. Practical and realistic.... kinda like this site.