The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a New Kid By Friday
I updated my venting post in the general area. But we tried "monday" - say it and walk away.....short version - she did everything she normally did, we did not give in, no yelling, no nothing....i got a HUGE hug at bed time. This morning, same thing....she did her normal "i'm gonna lag to make you guys mad".....we didn't give into it....needless to say, she was 10 minutes early to school and yet another BIG/HUGE hug.....let's see how "tuesday" goes....

Thanks for listening guys...I know I sound horrid on these boards sometimes.
(01-20-2009, 09:22 PM)Glenda Wrote: Send her to her room.

Read the book all the way through. Keep an open mind.

No means no. "Because I said so" is a valid explanation.

But I will reiterate, that if your BF is not behind this 100% it doesn't matter what you do. He'll unintentionally undo what you are trying to do and your SD knows this.

I have been dealing with this situation for about 12 years now and I guess I could say on most days it does drive me crazy..... my DH always talks things out with SK and I am not that kind of girl....no is no cuz I said so and he like to talk about it not a good think so our parenting types are totals different... any suggestions HELP!!!!! Anyway kids are getting older so it's just different stuff ... It's like there are 2 sides now which is not good for anyone Input please.....Sad:
Francesca,

The strategies in the book work on dogs and husbands, too.

My DH used to want to "reason" with SS...hahahahahaha...what he got in return was SS "yessing" him to death in hopes he'd shut up.

Natural consequenses work so much better than "lectures" or "reason."
Just dusting my copy down for my SDs arrival on Monday!

Ann
thanks guys .... I'm ganna go for some therapy soon .... but in the mine time think I will get that book....... any addition info.would be GREAT....
Truely trying,