The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books for FDH??
So tonight I am going to be getting Stepmonster and The Wizard of Oz and Other Narcissists... Just from the Narcissists excerpts I've read I see that BM and older skids are filling that role so hopefully FDH and I will find that helpful as well as Stepmonster. But what I am wondering is if anyone has come across books for our FDH's that give a realistic view (like Stepmonster) is said to do that can help him deal with a) his divorce dad guilt causing him the inability to stand his ground with skids because he's afraid they won't come see him and b) helping him see how to provide a healthy relationship for skids to balance the toxic relationship their BM provides.

I feel for DH's as so many books out there are for Mom's dealing with difficult XH's and unhealthy co-parenting but so few are written for them men it seems.
Wish I could help! My husband read Stepmonster & learned quite a bit from that. He said he realized some things he was doing (even though I had mentioned them in the past!) and what they were contributing to the situation. Good luck on finding something & update us if you do!
Cool! I've been contemplating asking my FDH to read stepmonster but wasn't sure - I'm going to go for it. If you find anything else can you post it here? :-)