The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Name Question
I have been on here for a while and am a little afraid BM will locate me. I really didn't think when I made my username because it's a nickname the kids call me. Is there a way to change it?

Hi Smore84 and other SMOMS,

There may be a few ways to change your user name (Screen name) and one way is to email or private message me and I will change it for you. The password will stay the same and your old posts will have a new name. If you do not want your old posts to show your new screen name, then you will have to delete them.

You can also private message anyone on the BB who you want to know about your new name. This allows you to make yourself known without making a general BB announcement.

Chuck may know other ways and perhaps he will have time to chime in, but I will help you, if you let me know. I'm around this weekend, so hope to hear from you so we can take care of this ASAP.

Best Wishes, Cathryn