The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cathryn's reading list (10.21.11)
Hi, actually I did write most of a book in 2005. Thanks to a sister SMOM I even had an agent and she found a few publishers interested enough in the proposal to have me write a few chapters so she could give them a better sample to evaluate. It was an exciting time for me.

Stuff happened the eve of sending the partial manuscript ton the interested publishers.

I chose to not do the book and broken few chapter sections into smommentaries.
I chose my marriage and my DH's relationship over pursuing that project.
It was crushing but we believed that stress that bio-mom threatened if I did publish would have been too much to recover from. Right or wrong it's what I chose.

Fast forward to 2011.

I've just completed my notes (6 inches of handwritten notebook paper) for a new book and plan to start writing it this coming week. No kidding! This time being a stepmom is only part of the book, these past 15 years were the circumstances that drove me to look very deep inside myself for answers and well-being. I hope to finish in 6-8 months. I'll keep you posted. Some of what I've shared here since my return will be incorporated in the story's bigger picture.

Thanks for asking. :-) Cathryn

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cathryn's reading list (10.21.11) - by Cathryn Bond Doyle - 10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
RE: Cathryn's reading list (10.21.11) - by Jacob's SM - 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Re: Recommended Reading - by Barb - 06-03-2014, 07:10 PM