The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Five Love Languages
The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
by Gary Chapman

and

The Five Love Languages of Children
by Gary Chapman, Ross Campbell

These two books probably helped me be a better wife and mother than any others that I read. They really help you understand how different people see affection and love in very different ways.
I LOVE these books and agree that it has made a big difference in my relationships with lots of people.
(09-16-2009, 07:44 PM)Gigi Wrote: I LOVE these books and agree that it has made a big difference in my relationships with lots of people.

I go back and reread them every once in awhile and that always reminds me to be more considerate of others. I saw there is now one for teens. I am def. going to get that one.
I just saw these books at Target not too long ago and added them to my to read list. I was wondering how people felt about them. I will make this my next purchase. Thanks for the great recommendations.
Totally agree, i love both of these books. <3