The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Woman's Comfort Book
Ladies—
I was briefly talking books with Glenda the other day and thought that I would share a book with you all: “The Woman’s Comfort Book” by Jennifer Louden. The author gives a whole variety of self-care suggestions, many that I would never have thought of. I know that we often talk about self care on smoms, and sometimes I have seen posts saying “I don’t even know what self care is” or “I don’t know what self care looks like.” Not only does Louden break her suggestions into categories (such as journals, nature, home, scents, clothing, body, food), she also has a chart in the middle of the book which cross references stresses in your life with her comfort suggestions in the book. For example, if “arguments” are an issue for you right now, she suggests “creating a comfort network,” “comforting communication,” “getting silly,” “touch,” “letting off steam,” and “a forgiveness ritual.”

Here is a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Comfort-Boo...433&sr=1-1

Here is the link to Jennifer Louden’s website; I see that she has a new book out called “The Life Organizer.” I might need to buy that! She also has a blog that you can subscribe to. http://www.comfortqueen.com/

I’m a firm believer that not every book is for every person, but I hope that this book helps a few of you. I know it has helped me.

With love,
LifeisaQuestion
Thanks for posting this Life!
ahh - I sence an addition to my Birthday list this year Smile Thanks