The Stepmoms on a Mission (SMOMS) Members Forum is a community of Stepmoms, supported by Cathryn Bond Doyle, who are looking for compassionate, creative and effective solutions to stepfamily challenges. There are two levels of participation: FREE access to private written forums and one-time fee for support groups with Cathryn (live and replays). See details on Community Page.

For every NEW membership you need to click “Create an account” in upper right corner, review and accept our guidelines below this message, and select a username. Choose a nickname—NOT your real name—to protect your privacy. For returning Members, see “Login" in upper right.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stepmonster
I've read this book recently. Got it from the library first and found it so useful I bought my own copy which I am highlighting in to discuss w/ DH. He said he will read it - we shall see. The highlights are my mental notes to bring up and focus in discussion with him regardless of whether he reads. It is the most validating book I've read on stepmoms to date. Because of this book, I was able to identify many of my painful feelings and insecurities I was experiencing was because of isolation and that isolation is one of the big areas for SMs and how not only does it innocently plants itself but can be cultivated by others as well.

Messages In This Thread
Stepmonster - by Southern Belle - 06-25-2009, 08:52 PM
RE: Stepmonster - by Chloe - 06-27-2009, 01:35 PM
RE: Stepmonster - by Chloe - 07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
RE: Stepmonster - by Glenda - 02-25-2010, 12:04 PM
RE: Stepmonster - by lovemy2babies - 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
RE: Stepmonster - by Glenda - 05-10-2010, 10:47 AM
RE: Stepmonster - by Grace - 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM