Are you a Stepmom on a Mission looking for support?
Join us during our 16th Anniversary Specials
(No credit cards or personal information required for Guest period.)
*Returning Members get extra months free!
Want a safe place to vent your feelings, get compassionate feedback on an issue & gain new skills?
So many of us have been at the end of our emotional ropes. If you're feeling overwhelmed, judged & isolated, come to a place where the first step is to share your feelings. Yes, ALL those feelings. Tell your story to other women who truly understand how it feels to be a stepmom. It's the first step in being able to reclaim your power...feeling (and being) understood and acknowledged.
Cathryn Bond Doyle
Participatings Members have access to ALL of Cathryn's Articles. Here are several article titles:
Feature Articles (Feb. 2016):
Fight the urge and put yourself before the Stepkids. AND Why we feel such rage when the stepkids get away with things.
1. What's Emotional Callousing & why do so many of our partners suffer from it?
2. Catering vs Caring for your Stepkids.
3. Feeling Hatred & hating it. (4 Parts)
4. Understanding Resentment: Case Studies.
5. Want to be right or happy?
6. His Kids: HIS Call: A radical Approach
7. Understanding Defensiveness (2 parts)
8. Help your Partner deal w/ Divorce Guilt
9. Stop trying so hard & lovingly ignore your stepkids.
10.The Pro's & COn's of Catastrophizing.
11. Hostlity is not "FINE" but it is real.
12.Learn how to manage Narcissistic Bio-moms. (Several essays)
13. Escape the Vortex of Victimhood with conscious & Creative Choices
14. Dealing with Narcissists over holidays: 7 Practical Tips for your well-being.
15. Why can we feel so enraged when the stepkids get away with things?
many, many more essays and replies...
Are you a Stepmom on a Mission?
We call ourselves "SMOMS" for short. A SMOM is a stepmom who is eager, willing and dedicated to learning & growing from whatever situations she faces as a stepmom. SMOMS are willing to look at upsetting experiences as a chance to become wiser, more awake & more empowered from the often excruciating, enraging & overwhelming feelings we stepmoms face.
Want to check us out for free? Get 30-day Guest Pass.
Register as a Reading Member and you will get a 30-day Guest Pass to all Participating Forums. Join as a Participating Member or revert back to a Reading member at the end of the 30-days. It's a no risk way to see if you want to make the investment in becoming a stepmom on a mission.
Become a Participating Member & you’ll never again, be alone on your stepmom journey. Really!
Wait: BEFORE joining, please use this LINK to register on the board and lock-in your username.
Participating Members will have complete access to read, write and replies to all the Participating forums on the site.
12 Months for $79
Whether you buy a membership or start out as a free Guest member, you need a SMOMS Username to access the forums. To select a username & password to get to any of the private forums. Click here to register.
Not ready to sign up as a Participating Member yet?
No Worries...Become a FREE Guest Member. See what SMOMS.org is all about before paying anything. No risk option.
If after your 30-day Geust period you do not want to join, you'll become a Reading Member. Reading Members CAN'T write or reply but you CAN:
1. Review 10 password protected bulletin boards, archived on 7/31/14. This includes the General Forum, Mother’s by Marriage (no bio-kids), SMOMS w/Bio-kids, Dealing w/Rude Teens Stepkids & 6 more forums.
2. Read Cathryn’s most current article, not available to the public.
3. Follow 2 active forums, “SMOM Triumphs & Insights” & Member Mailbox, currently Active with Participating Members.
Interested in supportive new ideas & insights from other stepmoms who know how you feel?
Not every stepmom is a SMOM. While the 1st important step in healing and growing is getting all the compassion you need. At SMOMS.org, this is the very first thing we want every new member to experience. Howver, what may make us unique as a site for stepmoms is that we're all about taking that next step in personal growth. Working on ourselves to become more conscious of what we're feeling, why we're reacting as we do, how to eliminate our resentments & find that happy, close connection with ourselves & our partners.
Looking for a group of stepmoms dedicated to personal growth & to interacting w/ respect & kindness?
SMOMS.org is strictly guided by the Kindness Guidelines (See them under "About us.") This site is NOT for every stepmom so check out our guidelines to see if this is the place for you. Join us on our loving compassionate exploration of self-discovery, new skills, wisdom & creative problem solving.